Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hello January

Oh the first week of the year is always my favorite! (Not!) This week has been nothing but files at work. Put the 2008 files in boxes and move them up to the rafters. Move the 2009 files into the 2008 file cabinets. File the remainder of 2009 paperwork. Make 28 pages of labels for the new 2010 files, place those 28 pages of labels on some 800 file folders, and place the file folders into the hanging file folders in the 2010 file cabinets. That right there is three and a half (most likely) days of boring work. I leave work completely exhausted! To top that I realized that there are less than two weeks left before I return to school! OMG, where does the time go lately. However, this did promt me to take next friday off of work! ahhhh



Next on my list?! School. I need to get my books, which usually adds at least $700 on top of my tuition! Thank God for my parents and the wonderful gift of an education they have given me. I am eternally greatful to them for providing me with all the tools to start my life in the real world, and debt free too : ) I would be half the person I am without them! With that said, I am ready to be done though! I have a severe case of senioritis and a HUGE void when it comes to designing and decorating!



To fix this, I am getting a sewing machine! That's right! I am going to learn how to make pillows, curtains, duvet covers, and much more! I am also going to start looking for a job as an admin or something in the interior design industry! I have my first connection so I am going to run with it! After I Graduate, I think I might go to ACC for my interior design AA, if I decide I am that crazy, but I have to chase this dream! I have this creative side and I need to explore it!



Recently I got to help stage my BFF's house for a family dinner she was having! Oh did we have some staging to do! I felt like I was on an episode of trading spaces or design for a dime, I was TOTALLY in my element and loved every minute of it! I also explored the art of making invites to a bachelorette party and they turned out ADORABLE! I am so proud of us (me and my best friend) for our DIY efforts.

DIY in my future looks pretty darn good. In the next 5 months there is a lot to do! Bachelorette party, Bridal shower, Wedding, Graduation! YIKES! I have also decided that after graduation, simply because there really isn't much time in between now and then, I am going to make a modified 'bucket' list! Things that I want to do more of, and things I want to do before I die! It's a long one, but I think I'll knock at least 3 or 4 off of it a year! Starting this year I am going to really start living! How exciting it is to not know what my future holds at this point and know that I have complete control of what happens. Well, God has complete control ultimately, I cannot wait to see what he has in store for me next!

Be on the lookout for my next post: The Bucket List! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment