Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sicky B

Oh this weekend has come and gone oh so fast! I feel like I didn't do anything! I have successfully managed to catch a sinus infection ( i think) but I haven't been able to get to the doctor because aparently they like weekends off too, who knew! Anyways, I started getting sick on Thursday, I blame my co-workers btw, and my genius self decided I would go out for ladies night with all my best guy friends to the Grizzly Rose. I know, I know, but we had been planning to all go our for over a month, so I had to right!? Wrong, but I did. I had a blast out and about with the boys ( a few friends from work and my brother/landlord, hehe) however, I overdid it! That was clear when I woke up Friday morning feeling like I got hit by a bus. Oh man and the worst part is that my dad was picking me up early, because he had to pick me and the carpet cleaner up so I could clean the office carpets after work! (I wanted a quick way to pay off Christmas, so I volunteered). Two hours into the dreadfull Friday at work, I went home, much to my fathers dismay, but I had to get some shut eye! I did go back to work to clean the carpets though, and after 6 hours of hard labor and the machine breaking down twice on me.......I finished them! You can bet i'll think twice about doing it again though! Not my cup of tea!

We did get another step ahead in the laundry room re-model this weekend though! The painting is all over, and we have successfully purchased the crown moulding to cover the ceiling where the wallpaper was. Now I have to vent about then builder of my brothers beautiful home! It was a model home and very very beautiful at first. However, the little interior designer that I am becoming, I have figured out that they did a lot of things cheaply or half (A##) For example, they placed wallpaper in a TON of the house. Now, I am not a fan of wallpaper anyways, but there are ways that it can be tastefully done! They didn't do it tastefully, so!, I took it out of two of the rooms, and plan to only leave the bathrooms they did, with wallpaper! So in the Kitchen, we placed a backsplash of beautiful tile over the wallpaper! Oh man did it feel good! BUT, when I went to remove it from the bedrooms and the laundry room, I discovered that they didn't texture the walls underneath the wallpaper! This makes no sense to me! It takes more of an effort not to texture these area then to smooth it out! I like the challenge though. I have to come up with out of the box ideas for these three rooms! First? The laundry room! Like I said, I finished painting, which is no easy job! Now I need to get the spray paint out for the accessories I am using to decorate with and we have to put up the crown moulding! That's where my out of the box idea is in the room! The wall paper was 5 inches thick, and most crown moulding is only 3 and 1/8 inches thick! So with the help of Lowe's, we bought traditional crown moulding, and traditional baseboarc moulding to go underneath! It's not up yet, but I'll post a picture when we are done! It looks amazing though when you hold it up! Kinda creates a thicker moulding, for cheap! Oh how I love this stuff.

Up next!?! I plan on doing some creative work for baby shower floral arrangements! I am going to use Mason Jars, my new favorite decorator tool! I am also going to use them in the backyard I am hopefully staging for a rehersal dinner for the BF! OH the many things I can be creative with right now! I just have to be careful not to take on too many projects, I do that, and they don't get finished!

Back to this weekend! We went back out to the Rose last night, and stayed until it closed! I love country dancing and actually met some really cool people last night, but the little sicky that I am right now, once again overdid it and went out to breakfast afterward. We got home at 4 am! No joke, I took my nightime cold medicine and it wiped me out! I literally slept in later than I ever have in my life! 2:30 in the afternoon! What a waste of a beautiful Sunday! I was planning on doing so much, but ended up settling on taking down the Christmas decorations, and cleaning up the basement!

Back to work tomorrow! ..........I have a feeling that I'll be posting more about designing on here than I will about everything else. BUT one more addition to my bucket list.......

I want to devote more time to volunteering for a better cause, especially animals....and breast cancer awareness (for my Aunt and Grandma)!

No comments:

Post a Comment