Monday, January 18, 2010

Shop Till You Drop

SO, I'm not very good at this blogging thing. To be honest I forget about it, oops! I am trying however!

So, this last weekend was an absolute blast! I took Friday off of work to do last minute cleaning, errands, and what not. The kicker is my Momma took it off two. It's not too often we get to spend the whole day together, and we had a blast! I got my car detailed (it's like driving a new car now, seriously, it was that bad). I also did something huge! I ORDERED MY BOOKS AND MY GRADUATION INVITATIONS! Oh man, I am almost done with my first degree. Who knows what's next for my education, but I cannot believe it's my final semester! 4 long years of hard work are finally going to pay off, until.......well grad school that is, but I think i'll live it up a little before then!

Anyways, after my mom and I went shopping all day, we FINALLY found outfits for our family portrait session the following day, and we went to play volleyball for my brother. HAHA, here's a story. My mom and I and not reallly blessed with the talent it takes to be good at volleyball. I'm much to afraid of the ball flying at my face and duck down all the time, and she has a bad knee. However, being the wonderful mother she is, when I was forced to play because there were no other girls to play (and there has to be at least one girl) I asked my mom to go with me, and she did! We were comical, but were able to keep our humor about it. Six games and six losses later, we treated ourselves to a little Target therapy : )

Saturday, Momma and I got to hang out again and get out hair done for the family portraits my brother and I bought my parents. I love getting my hair done, I leave that place feelin like a million bucks! No joke. Then we went to the family portrait session in Washington Park. I have to say, we're a pretty cute lil family! If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I will. Thanks KRISTOL! (oooh and thanks Momma D and Cat for the idea!)

Then Sunday came around and my winter break slowly came to an end. I cleaned all day long and ended the day with a nice dinner on the couch with my best friends and a SUPER EXPENSIVE trip to Wal-Mart. That's what a girl gets for putting grocery shopping off for three months!

Tomorrow, I start school up again. I can already feel the stress at work, but I am pushing through. Pray, pray, pray, for these next few months to go by smoothly for I have so much coming up to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment