Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Bee

What a couple of weeks it has been! There's a lot to update on so I'll keep the introduction short and sweet ; )  This next weekend is the one year anniversary of my college graduation (did a year really go by that fast? I mean seriously!!)  So I decided to buckle down and do some stuff to celebrate my year off from school!

Not many people know this, but in April I joined a competition at work! You will probably be familiar with it....BIGGEST LOSER! What an inspiring show!  Not that I needed to lose 100 lbs but I did want to drop a few for summer and the $100 prize at the end was all I needed to sign right up.  Well...with three weeks left to go, at this point in the competition I AM THE BIGGEST LOSER! That's right, nothing like a competition right before summer to get my butt in shape!  It's totally rewarding to do something so good and healthy for yourself! Now just a 'few' more weeks to go. 

Speaking of my 4th of July trip to Dallas to visit my favorite extended family....I did it.  I sent my resume to Dallas....EEK!  Kind of scary putting yourself out there to people you've never met!  So far it was a success! I have had 3 phone interviews and hope to hear back this week.  Still not positive on an upcoming move, but I had to try!  Like my Momma says, "You can always say know Honey!"  ...and that's right, so I can't wait to see what this week brings with the follow up's to those interviews!

On to the good stuff.  I have been inspired....MAJORLY inspired by designer blogs.  It has become my most recent addiction (with the exception of my sewing machine).  I am so at peace doing crafts and making things for my family and friends.  Most recently I learned how to hem a pair of pants (with the advice of 'you tubing' it from Momma D ;) and I made my mothers day presents.  Now the pants....that took a few tries.  I forgot to actually measure and pin them while my Dad had them on....OOOPS!  Luckily my Dad said another pair of 'house pants' were JUST what he needed!

The blog I am absolutely addicted to right now is Jones Design Company.  I found this blog at my friend Shalon's (former Mrs. Colorado 2010) blog at http://www.loveshalon.com/.  Both of these women are truly inspiring to follow.  Mothers, wives, sisters, decorators, creators.....like I said, I'm addicted!

                                                A daily verse (Phillipians 4: 4-9)

My favorite :)

Fun little bows/pins I found at JDC


That's all for now : ) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for hemming pants!!!!
    I'm gonna need you and your interior design eye to come help me at our new home. Might need some curtain sewing tips.
    And girl, way to go with the 20 pounds! I bet you look amazing. I'm sure you've heard that I will be finding the 20 pounds you lost....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) No idea what your talking about! Anyways just got off the phone with my Momma who just got done talking to DD and woman be PREPARED TO BE SPOILED! We have some major housewarming presents in the works! Miss you and your family! P.S. my decorating skills are yours whenever you need them!

    ReplyDelete